Korean-style rice bowl
Kimchi fried rice with chicken, green beans and spicy sauce. Call it Korean comfort food.
Serves 4 Total Time 15 mins
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 200g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 500g chicken breast mini fillets, halved lengthways
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 250g jar kimchi
- 2 x 220g packs of quinoa or rice
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- chilli sauce, to serve
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the onion and beans, cook for a few seconds, then add a splash of water and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken strips, cook for 1 minute, stir in the soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the kimchi, cooking for 1–2 minutes, until everything is cooked through.
- Heat the rice as per pack instructions and divide between bowls. Spoon over the stir-fry, then sprinkle with the sesame seeds and spring onions and drizzle over chilli sauce, if liked.