Jersey royal, Tenderstem and watercress salad RECIPE
Three of the finest in season British ingredients in one amazing salad. This is the must-have side dish for all barbecues and spring spreads.
Serves 4 Total Time 55 mins
- 1kg Jersey royal potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- 200g Tenderstem® broccoli
- 4 eggs
- 100g watercress
- 250g TRUEfoods hollandaise sauce
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas Mark 6. Wash the Jersey royals (cut larger ones in half) before placing in a large roasting tin with the olive oil and butter. Toss to coat and season well with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 mins. Remove the tray and shake to turn the potatoes, then roast for another 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the broccoli. Cook for 4-5 mins until al dente then lift out with a slotted spoon and allow to steam dry and cool.
- Boil the eggs in the same water. Cook for 7 mins, then drain and run under cold water to stop them cooking. When cool, peel and keep to one side. Remove the potatoes from the oven and press them down with the back of a spoon to break them open. Return to the oven for a final 10 mins.
- Take your serving plate and spread out the watercress to make a base. Top the watercress with the potatoes and broccoli and cut the eggs into halves or quarters and arrange them around the plate. Drizzle over some hollandaise and serve the rest on the side for people to help themselves. Lastly, sprinkle over the chilli flakes and finish with a good twist of black pepper.
Cook’s tip: As another seasonal alternative, try exchanging the tenderstem brocolli for asparagus.