Indian-Spiced Chickpeas with Marinated Lamb
Lamb loves spicy and herby flavours, and this dish brings them all together in an easy bake.
Serves 4 Total time 40 mins
• 80g korma paste (we used Geeta’s Korma Paste)
• 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, lightly crushed
• 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
• Juice of 1 small lemon
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 4 lamb cutlets (double if you’re hungry)
• 2 onions, thinly sliced
• 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
• 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained
• 250g vine cherry tomatoes
• 1 x handful coriander, chopped
• Greek yoghurt, mango chutney and chilli flakes, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C /180°C fan/gas 6. Mix together the korma paste, cumin, garlic, lemon juice and 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Put the lamb into a bowl and use half the mix to coat. Rub in well and set aside.
2. Spread the onions and sweet potatoes out in a tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, stir gently to coat and put in the oven for 20 mins.
3. Stir the rest of the spice mix into the chickpeas. When the cooking time is up, scatter them into the tray and lay the tomatoes and lamb on top. Season well and drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp oil.
4. Cook for 15-18 mins more, until the potatoes are tender, the tomatoes are beginning to blister and the lamb is cooked to your liking (they taste best when pink in the centre).
5. Allow the meat to rest for a few mins. Top with herbs, yoghurt, mango chutney and chilli flakes, then let everyone tuck in.