Hot honey-baked hasselback sweet potatoes with brie
This garland of crisp-edged, golden spuds is best enjoyed with roast meat.
Serves 4 Total Time 55 mins
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 200g brie, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas mark 6.
- Carefully slice the potatoes at ½cm intervals so you don’t go all the way through, stopping 1cm from the bottom. Place on a baking tray.
- Brush all over with half the butter and bake for 40 minutes, or until tender.
- Mix the honey, chilli flakes and the remaining butter together.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and brush again with the honey mixture, making sure to get some in the gaps. Tuck the brie into the potato slices.
- Bake for another 10 minutes until the brie has melted. Season and serve with a scattering of spring onion.