HIDDEN VEG MEATBALL TRAYBAKE
Your fussy eater might just be fooled by this veggie-packed traybake from Tastemade.
Get the ingredients here.
For the meatballs
- 125g vegetables (cauliflower and broccoli mix)
- 125g cooked quinoa or brown rice
- 45g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp fajita spice mix
For the traybake
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
1. Preheat oven to 200°C
2. Cook the broccoli and cauliflower in a pan of boiling water for 4-5 minutes or until cooked through. Drain and add to a food processor with the other meatball ingredients. Pulse until everything is combined and mixed together but still with a little texture.
3. Shape into 1 tbsp balls and shallow fry in a little oil to give some colour and crispiness.
4. Transfer onto a large baking tray and add the tomatoes to one end. Add the broccoli to the other end. Drizzle over a little olive oil and seasoning then roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the meatballs are steaming hot, the tomatoes are juicy and the broccoli is cooked through.
5. Mash the tomatoes using the back of a spoon, then toss the meatballs through the tomatoes, serve alongside the broccoli.