Herby Freekeh-Stuffed Aubergines with Pistachio yoghurt
Ready-to-eat freekeh makes this recipe super-simple to make.
Serves 4 Total time 25 mins
• 4 aubergines
• 1 x 250g pouch of ready-to-eat freekeh
• 6 dried apricots, finely chopped
• 50g pistachios, toasted and chopped
• Small bunch of dill, leaves chopped, plus extra to garnish
• Small bunch of parsley, leaves chopped
• Small bunch of mint, leaves chopped
• 1 garlic clove, grated
• Juice of 1 lemon (use the zest in the yoghurt below)
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• Salt and pepper
For the yoghurt
• 100g greek yoghurt
• Zest of a lemon
• 25g pistachios, roughly chopped
1. Prick the aubergines and barbecue, turning occasionally until the skins are charred all over and the flesh is beginning to soften.
2. While the aubergines are cooking, loosen the freekeh from the pouch and mix in a bowl with the apricots, pistachios and herbs. Make a dressing with the garlic, lemon juice and olive oil and stir through the freekeh mixture. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the yoghurt together with the lemon zest and pistachios.
4. Slice the aubergines open, from just below the stem end to the base. Add a couple of tablespoons of the freekeh mixture into each cavity and top with equal amounts of yoghurt and dill. Serve while the aubergines are still warm.
Add all the ingredients you need for Herby Freekeh-Stuffed Aubergines with Pistachio yoghurt here.