Hearty Bean and Mushroom Stew
Using tinned steamed beans adds even more flavour to this tasty, comforting stew.
Serves 4 Total Time 25 mins
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 20g fresh sage
- 600g mixed beans
- 31g fresh parsley, leaves finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- In a large heavy-based frying pan, sauté the onion, carrot and celery with the bay leaves and oil on a low heat for 5 mins.
- Add all the mushrooms to the pan with the garlic and a little seasoning, turn the heat up and fry for 5 mins. You will need to stir them a few times.
- Now add the stock, sage and beans. Bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer for 15 mins.
- Turn the heat off and take out the sage and bay leaves. Scatter the parsley leaves over with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.