Halloumi Soldiers with Cucumber and Avocado
Bite-sized veggie chunks and halloumi sticks for little ones who love to eat with their hands. Dressing optional!
Serves 4 Takes 20 mins
• 2 x blocks halloumi
• 1/2 cucumber, diced
• 1 medium avocado, diced
• Zest and juice of 1 lime (optional)
• 1 small handful mint, finely chopped (optional)
1. Cut both blocks of halloumi into 6 thick slices lengthways and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix all the other ingredients together gently, season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a frying/griddle pan and cook the halloumi for a few minutes on each side, until golden. Place on a chopping board and cut each slice into two or three batons.
4. Arrange on a serving plate with extra wedges of lime (if your child likes a bit of autonomy with their food let them have a go at squeezing), and serve the veggies in little dishes.
Add all the ingredients you need for Halloumi Soldiers with Cucumber and Avocado here.