Green bean, Halloumi and Potato Bake Recipe
A good traybake can be an absolute secret weapon in a parent’s arsenal. This one has enough greens to keep things healthy, and potato chunks to keep it hearty too. With pared back ingredients, you don’t have to add anything extra fancy to this waste-less meal.
Serves 4 Total Time 50 mins
- 600–700g potatoes, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 4–5 garlic cloves, skin on and bashed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200g green beans, halved
- 225g halloumi cut into 2cm cubes
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1–2 tbsp basil roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200oC/ 180oC fan/Gas Mark 6. Put the potatoes in a large roasting tray with the garlic, add olive oil, season and toss well. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add the beans and halloumi and toss to combine. You don’t want the tray to be too crowded – everything should be in a single layer.
- Return the tray to the oven for 15 minutes until the beans are tender and the cheese is starting to caramelise. Discard the garlic.
- Add a generous squeeze of lemon juice and toss everything again, then transfer to a serving dish. Scatter basil and black pepper for added flavour.