Halloumi Buddha Bowl Recipe
This halloumi-based dish will blow your socks off. It’s full of flavour and packed with vibrant veg… seriously, you’ve got to try it. And don’t forget, you can find more delicious MOB Kitchen’s recipes produced exclusively for Ocado here.
Serves 4 Total Time 1 hour 30 mins
- 200g barley
- 300g sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- 1 red cabbage, shredded
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 250g Ocado halloumi, sliced into triangles
- small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C/gas mark 4. Add the barley to a pan with 1 litre of water, bring to the boil and cook for 50 minutes until tender. Cut the sweet potatoes into thin medallions.
- Coat the sweet potatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes until tender and caramelised.
- Massage the red cabbage with salt and the juice of 1 lime.
- Combine the peanut butter, juice of 1 lime, 2 tbsp of boiling water, salt and pepper. Add a small glug of oil to the pan and fry the halloumi on either side for 2 minutes until golden brown.
- In a bowl, layer the barley with the sweet potato, pickled cabbage, coriander and halloumi. Drizzle with the peanut dressing and sprinkle on the fresh chillies.