Halloumi and Asparagus Gratin
Tasty, vegetable-rich gratin with a halloumi and breadcrumb topping.
Serves 4 Total Time 20 mins
Get the ingredients here.
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus an extra 2 tbsp each for the sauce and breadcrumbs
- 500g asparagus, woody ends removed
- 225g halloumi, cut into 12 slices
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 400g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 25g fresh basil, leaves shredded
- 185g mixed olives
- 3 slices BFree Brown Seeded Loaf
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas 7. Add the oil and garlic to a sauté pan, and cook on a low heat for 2 mins.
- Add the tomatoes and turn the heat up to medium, stir and cook for 2 mins. Pour in the stock and cook for 3 mins.
- Meanwhile, pulse the bread in a food processor to make the breadcrumbs. Toss with oil and season, then spoon onto a non-stick baking tray and place in the oven for 5 mins to brown.
- Add the basil and olives to the tomatoes and set aside.
- Toss the asparagus and halloumi in oil. Cook the asparagus in a hot griddle pan for 3 mins, turning until lightly charred. Remove, and place on a warm serving plate. Griddle the halloumi for 1 1/2 mins each side.
- Spoon the tomato sauce over the asparagus, top with the halloumi and finish with a scattering of breadcrumbs.