Grilled Nectarine, Feta and Runner Bean Salad
Firm beans and salty cheese with a burst of sweet freshness from the fruit.
Serves 6-8 as part of a buffet or 4-6 as dinner Total Time 25 mins
Add all ingredients here.
For the salad
• 360g runner or helda beans, cut into 5mm slices on the diagonal
• 100g fine green beans
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 4 ripe nectarines, de-stoned and each cut into 8 pieces
• 50g watercress
• 50g baby spinach
• 150g feta crumbled
For the dressing
• Zest and juice of a lemon
• 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp poppy seeds
• 2 tsp runny honey
1. Bring a pan of tightly salted water to the boil and add both lots of beans. Cook for 2-3 mins until just tender, then drain and rinse under cold water. Leave in a colander.
2. Heat olive cut In a large frying pan on high. Lay in the nectarine slices and cook for 2 mins each side (try not to move them) until golden and slightly charred, but still firm.
3. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
4. Place the watercress, baby spinach and beans into a mixing bowl
5. Put the dressing ingredients into a small bowl or clean jar and mix together. Add 1 tbsp of dressing to the salad and toss to coat before transferring to your serving plate.
6. Arrange the nectarines over the top and crumble over the feta.
7. Drizzle over a little more dressing and serve the rest on the side.