Grilled Aubergines with Tahini and Roasted Garlic Sauce and Harissa Couscous
A delicious Middle Eastern inspired aubergine recipe. We reckon you’ll want leftovers for lunch the next day.
Serves 4 Total Time 30 mins.
- 4 aubergines
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 320g couscous
- 350ml hot vegetable stock
- 2 tsp rose harissa paste
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 handful mint, chopped
- 75ml tahini
- 1 tbsp The Garlic Farm roast garlic jam
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the grill to high. Pierce each aubergine with a sharp knife and rub with oil. Place on a grill tray and grill for 20 mins, turning, until charred and tender.
- Meanwhile, tip the couscous into a heatproof bowl and pour over the hot stock. Stir and cover. Leave to sit for 5 mins, then fluff with a fork. Stir through the rose harissa, spring onions and herbs.
- For the sauce, stir the tahini with the garlic jam and lemon juice; it will thicken up, so add 2–3 tbsp of water to loosen. Season to taste.
- When done, serve the couscous onto plates and split the aubergines open and scoop the smoky flesh out. Spoon the aubergine onto the couscous and serve drizzled with the tahini sauce.
Leftover tip: this tahini sauce makes a delicious dressing for any leftover veg you may have lurking in the fridge. Simply roast the veg and drizzle the sauce over the top to make an easy Middle Eastern salad.