Green Goodness Pesto Linguine
If you’re looking for a light Italian dish, this contains five different greens, but it’s still a cinch!
Serves 4 Total time 30 mins
• 500g linguine
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 250g asparagus, ends of the stalks removed and chopped into thin slices
• 1 broccoli, florets shredded
• 200g spinach
For the pesto
• 100g watercress
• 25g fresh basil, stalks removed.
• 70g pine nuts, lightly toasted
• 1 large garlic clove, peeled
• 100ml extra virgin olive oil
• 40g parmesan, grated
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil adding 1 tbsp of sea salt. While the water comes to the boil, make the pesto by throwing all the ingredients into a food processor or whizzing with a stick blender. Season and set aside.
2. Add the linguine to the boiling water and cook until al dente, about 7 mins.
3. Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and put in the asparagus, broccoli and spinach. Season and sauté, stirring continuously for 3-5 mins.
4. Drain the pasta, keeping a little of the cooking liquid. Place straight into the pan, along with the sautéed veg and the pesto. Give everything a good mix, adding some cooking water to loosen if needed. Serve with some extra parmesan and basil leaves on top.