Goat’s Cheese and Cranberry Parcels
Simple but oh-so-tasty party food – scale the recipe up or down depending on the number of guests.
Serves 4 Total Time 35mins.
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 200g goat’s cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp cranberry sauce, heaped
- Cut each piece of filo into four quarters. Cut the cheeses in half widthways.
- To make a parcel, put one of the pieces of filo on a surface and brush with olive oil. Put another piece over it, at right angles, to make a cross, then brush with olive oil.
- Lay a third piece diagonally, as if you were making a star shape, brush with oil, then top with the final piece, diagonally, to complete the ‘star’, and brush with oil.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas mark 6.
- Place one of the pieces of cheese, cut-side up, in the centre of the pastry and put a heaped teaspoon of cranberry sauce on top of it.
- Fold up the sides of the filo and scrunch them at the top so they hold together. Brush all over with olive oil. Make three more parcels in the same way.
- Place all the parcels on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 15–20 mins, or until crisp and lightly browned. Serve at once with a leafy salad dressed with vinaigrette.