Gluten-free Herby Chickpea Pancake Recipe with Houmous and Tomatoes
Chickpea flour is the hero ingredient in these herby pancakes which are best served with houmous, tomatoes and a handful of rocket.
Serves 2 Total Time 10 mins
- 150g chickpea (gram) flour
- 250ml water
- generous handful spinach
- handful coriander
- olive oil, for frying
- dollop of houmous
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful rocket
- Blitz the chickpea flour, water, spinach and coriander together in a blender until smooth, season and stir. The mixture should be runny with bubbles on the surface.
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a frying pan and pour enough mix in to make a large, but fairly thin pancake. Swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Leave it to cook for around 3 mins, then flip and let it cook for 1 min until set and slightly crisp at the edges. Repeat to make another pancake.
- Serve right away with toppings piled on: a dollop of houmous, chopped cherry tomatoes and a handful of rocket.
To shop all things pancake day, visit our dedicated aisle on-site.