GET THE MOST FROM YOUR ROAST
Our latest Tastemade recipe is a classic: Roast Chicken with New Potatoes. Perfect for Sunday afternoons with the family, but tastes amazing every day of the week, it’s full of fresh ingredients and tonnes of flavour.
Serves 4-6 Cook Time 1hr 40mins Total Time 2hrs 25 mins
- Ocado Organic Whole Chicken (approx 1.7kg)
- 1 large or 2 small lemon, halved
- I bulb garlic, cut in half
- 5-6 sprigs fresh oregano, divided
- 5-6 sprigs fresh thyme, divided
- 2 tbsps M&S Mediterranean Paste + 1 tbsp extra for cooking
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Maldon salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 200ml fresh chicken stock
- 500g miniature new potatoes
- 1 large red onion, cut into 8
- 2 small red peppers, cut into large chunks
- 2 small yellow peppers, cut into large chunks
- 2 small courgettes, cut into thick rounds/slices
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 10-12 olives (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Prepare a large baking tray by creating a trivet using a coil made of foil or a small wire rack.
- Pat dry chicken, untruss the legs and stuff the cavity with the lemon halves, garlic and half of the oregano and thyme.
- In a small bowl mix the M&S Mediterranean paste with the olive oil, salt and pepper and brush over the entire chicken, not missing any parts.
- Place the chicken on the trivet and pour the stock around the outside.
- Loosely cover with foil and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After this time, uncover and baste the chicken then arrange the potatoes, red onion, peppers and courgettes around the chicken.
- Cover with the foil again and return to the oven for 25 minutes.
- Once ready remove the foil, scatter in the cherry tomatoes and olives.
- Brush the chicken with some more M&S Mediterranean Paste and return to the oven uncovered for another 20-25 mins until the chicken is cooked through and coloured and the vegetables are roasted.