Four countries to visit from your kitchen – France
We miss the excitement of a hypermarket in Bordeaux and the buzz of a traditional boulangerie in Paris, but the next best thing has to be our French Shop – brimming with your favourite French products.
In the mood for some oozy Chaource, or buttery Brioche with apricot jam? Reflets de France works with hundreds of regional producers across France, so they can offer you these best-selling delicacies. If you’re after the quality of fresh but need the convenience of frozen, Picard is your go-to brand.
Satisfy your cheese craving with this quick and easy late summer dish – perfect at any time of the day. Bon appetit!
Buckwheat Galette with Melted Cheese and Ham
Serves 2 Total Time 10 mins
Get the ingredients here.
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- 100g emmental, grated (or you can use any other melting cheese)
- 4 slices ham
- 1 handful cornichons
- 40g pea shoots
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and season. Crack in the egg and gradually add 200ml water, beating continuously until it forms a thick batter the texture of double cream. Set aside to rest, if you have time.
- Heat a little oil in a small frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add 2tbsp of batter and swirl to cover the base of the pan. Cook for 2 mins, or until golden-brown and easy to loosen from the pan. Flip onto the other side, sprinkle half with cheese and fry for about 1 min or until melting. Add a slice of ham and fold over. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat. The mixture should make four galettes.
- Serve with the cornichons and pea shoots.
Short on time? Use Reflet De France’s ready made Buckwheat Galettes instead.