Four countries to visit from your kitchen – Japan
Summer 2020 should have been the summer of the Olympics. You may have to wait another year to cheer on Team GB, but you can still feel like you’re in Tokyo right now by visiting our Japanese Shop.
We’ve partnered with the Japanese Embassy to bring you authentic Japanese ingredients straight to your door. Whether you’re cooking Okonomiyaki or wanting to put a twist on summer mid-week meals, we’ve got the ingredients to make it happen.
Need some inspiration? Whisk yourself away to a cute Tokyo brunch spot with this refreshing Japanese-style brunch bowl recipe.
Japanese-Style Brunch Bowl
Serves 2 Total Time 30 mins
Get the ingredients here.
- 190g Clearspring Organic Sushi Rice
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp wasabi paste, plus extra to serve if liked
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 150g smoked salmon
- 1 sheet nori, snipped into lengths
- 3 spring onions, shredded into lengths
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Cook the sushi rice as instructed on the pack. Meanwhile, using a serrated knife, cut the top and bottom from the grapefruit, then cut away the pith and peel from the sides – this will leave you with a naked grapefruit ready to be segmented! Holding the fruit over a bowl to catch any juice, cut away each segment and set aside, then squeeze out any remaining juice into the bowl. Mix the grapefruit juice with the soy sauce and wasabi.
- Once the rice is cooked, divide between two bowls. Top each with half of the grapefruit, avocado, smoked salmon, nori and spring onions. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and drizzle over the dressing, adding extra wasabi if you like.