Four countries to visit from your kitchen – Italy
An Italian road trip may not be on the cards this summer, but you can still go exploring in our Italian Shop. It’s like an online Italian deli – with a focus on top-quality ingredients and well-loved brands.
We’re delighted to be working with the supplier Free From Italy, which means everyone – from those who are gluten-free to egg-free – can enjoy tasty products sourced from the Italian regions.
Looking for an easy summer pasta dish? This recipe is packed full of mediterranean flavour.
Baked Spaghetti with Chorizo, Pepper, Eggs & Mozzarella
Serves 2 Total Time 27 mins
Get the ingredients here.
- 250g spaghetti
- 130g chorizo picante , skin removed and chopped
- 7 vine tomatoes, quartered, deseeded and chopped
- 1 Romano pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 200g mozzarella, drained and torn into pieces
- 100ml chicken stock
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 4 bay leaves, fresh
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp oregano
- 1 large handful pecorino, (or parmesan) to finish
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6 and bring a saucepan of water to the boil ready for the spaghetti. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan, then add the garlic, bay leaves, tomatoes and pepper. Season, cover and saute over a low heat for 6-8 minutes.
- Uncover, turn up the heat and add the chorizo, paprika, and most of the oregano, sauteing for 3 minutes. Add the stock, stir, then remove from the heat.
- Cook the spaghetti in the pan of boiling water until al dente (6-7 minutes, depending on the brand). Drain and add to the sauteed mixture. Toss everything together nicely and spoon into two small ovenproof dishes. Make a well in the middle of each dish, gently crack an egg into the centre and pop the dishes in the oven. Cook for 12 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and top with the mozzarella, some black pepper, a drizzle of olive oil, and the pecorino, if you’re using it.