Lisa Faulkner’s Flexitarian Baked Orzo
This dish can be made with prawns, veggies with feta crumbled over the top, or just on its own as a vegan option.
Serves 4 Total Time 30mins
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 500ml veg stock
- 70g Ocado sugar snap peas, halved or whole
- Handful green olives
- 300g raw prawns (optional)
- Small bunch of Ocado parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 Ocado courgettes, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Ocado onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lemon
- 200g orzo
- Pour some olive oil into an ovenproof dish and cook your onions until lovely and soft.
- Add your garlic and then the seeds, spice and oregano with a splash of water to help cook the spice.
- Add courgettes and stir in the orzo followed by the tomatoes and stock. Season and bring to the boil.
- Cover with a lid and bake at 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4 for 15–20 mins.
- Remove from the oven and give the pan a good stir, as it does get stuck to the bottom.
- Stir in the sugar snaps and olives, and put the prawns on top, if using. Cover again and cook for 5 mins.
- Squeeze the lemon over the top, stir and scatter with parsley. Serve immediately.
For more Lisa Faulkner recipes check out her Apple Crumble and Custard Cake