Fish pie recipe
With Ocado’s own range salmon, cod and smoked haddock, this classic fish pie recipe is full of fishy flavour and goodness.
Serves 4 Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
- 1kg red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5cm chunks
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed and shredded
- 2 corn on the cob, kernels sliced off
- 700ml whole milk
- 500g skinless salmon fillet, cut into 3cm chunks
- 300g skinless cod loin, cut into 3cm chunks
- 250g skinless undyed smoked haddock, cut into 3cm chunks
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 20g flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 180g scallops
- 6 large eggs, hard boiled, peeled and cut into halves
- 30g parmesan, grated (optional)
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil then simmer for 20-25 mins until tender.
- Meanwhile, put 2 tbsp of olive oil into a sauté pan with the leeks and corn. Cook gently for 8-10 mins to soften. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Wipe out the sauté pan, add 500ml milk and put over a medium heat. When just below the boil, add the salmon, cod and haddock and poach for 6-8 mins. Turn off the heat and use a slotted spoon to remove the fish and put to one side, reserving the poaching milk.
- In a medium saucepan, gently heat the remaining oil. Add the flour and whisk into a paste. When it starts to foam, slowly whisk in the poaching milk, little by little. Cook for 3 mins, turn off the heat and add the parsley, lemon zest and juice, leeks and sweetcorn. Mix well. Add the fish and scallops and stir gently to combine. Transfer to an ovenproof dish and press the egg halves into the mixture.
- Drain and mash the potatoes with the remaining milk, season and stir in the parmesan, if using. Spread over the fish mixture and bake for 25-30 mins until golden and bubbling.