Family Pizza Party
Make your own pizza and get the kids involved too. The beauty of this recipe is that you can make it in whatever frying pan you have – big or small. We’ve also listed our best movie pairings at the end of this post.
Serves 4 Total Time 15 mins per pizza
For the pizza dough:
- 300g self-raising flour, plus extra for rolling
- 150ml natural yogurt
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 70–80ml water
For the toppings:
- 190g jar sundried tomato pesto
- toppings of your choice, e.g. olives, peppers, mushrooms, pineapple, pepperoni, ham
- basil, rocket, extra virgin olive oil, chilli oil, parmesan shavings to serve
- Heat up your grill on the highest setting.
- To make the dough: place the flour, yogurt, oil, herbs and a pinch of salt in a large bowl and roughly combine with your fingertips.
- Then add as much water as needed to bring into a soft, but not sticky dough. Divide into four or eight even-sized pieces, depending on what size pizzas you want to make.
- Heat a frying pan on the hob on a large ring, but over a low heat. If you can, choose a frying pan that doesn’t have a plastic handle. If yours does, just be careful not to place it under direct heat when popping under the grill later.
- Lightly flour your worktop and a rolling pin, then take a piece of dough and roll into a circle that’s around 2–3mm thick. Carefully transfer to the hot frying pan.
- Cook for 2–3 mins until you start to see air bubbles rising on the surface. Gently lift the dough and if the underside is golden, flip it over.
- Spread tomato pesto over the base and load up with whatever toppings you fancy.
- Pop under a hot grill for 4–5 mins until the cheese is bubbly
- Remove from the heat, add any final toppings to finish, and serve. Repeat with the remaining pieces of dough to make the rest of your pizzas.
- TOP TIP: You could have two frying pans on the go if you want to speed things up, so one is starting on the hob while one is under the grill.
What to watch: The Goonies, Back to the Future, Jumanji, Home Alone, The Princess Bride, Toy Story. Go grown-up with Italian silver-screen classic such as La Dolce Vita, The Bicycle Thieves or Cinema Paradiso.