Egg and Spicy Cheese on Toast
Quick and easy enough to throw together before work and tasty enough for a weekend treat.
Serves 2 Total Time 20 mins
Add ingredients here.
• 2 slices sourdough, bloomer or other crusty white bread
• 100g mature cheddar, grated
• 2 spring onions, chopped
• 1 green chilli, very finely chopped
• 1 tbsp cooking oil
• 2 free-range eggs
1. Toast the bread under a medium heat grill until lightly browned.
2. Mash the cheese, spring onions (keep some over to garnish) and chopped chilli together in a bowl. Spread the mixture over the bread and put back under the grill.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan, crack in the eggs and fry how you like them. We think they’re best with the yolks still runny.
4. When the cheese on top of the toast is bubbling nicely, place it on to warm plates.
5. Slide the eggs on top, sprinkle over the rest of the spring onions, season and serve.