Easy Cacao and Walnut Brownies
Using cacao powder means there’s no need to spend time tempering chocolate, so you’ll have these ready at top speed.
Serves 16 Total Time 30 mins
- 120g butter
- 250g sugar
- 80g cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 45g plain flour
- 75g walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas 3½. Line a 20cm square brownie tin.
- In a saucepan melt the butter until it darkens and smells nutty, then set aside.
- In a bowl combine the sugar, cacao powder and salt, then pour the butter in slowly, whisking to blend.
- Add the vanilla extract, then the eggs, one at a time, beating in between.
- Next, stir in the plain flour and chopped walnuts until just combined, and spoon into the tin.
- Bake for 20mins, or until a skewer comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached and cracks form across the top.
- Let it cool before removing from the tin and cutting into 16 squares.