Date night steak in less than 30 minutes
Whether date night in your house is a romantic meal under candlelight, a tasty dinner on the couch watching football, or an evening of Spotify and sauvignon; a steak dinner is always a popular choice. Our latest Tastemade recipe is for a delicious sirloin steak served with garlic bread.
Serves 2 Total Time 25 mins
Get the ingredients here
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Ocado garlic baguette
- 2 M&S 21 Day Matured Sirloin Steaks, room temp
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 25g butter, unsalted
- 2 cloves garlic, skin on and bashed
- 5-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 50g rocket
- 1/2 a small red onion, finely sliced
- Balsamic dressing (optional)
- A few shavings of parmesan cheese
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- M&S steak sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- On another tray place the Ocado garlic bread and pop both into the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Lightly oil your steaks with more olive oil and season well with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan up on medium high heat, add the rapeseed oil and when hot lay the steaks into the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute, flip over (it should be nice and golden brown), then cook for a minute on the other side.
- After 30 seconds add the butter, garlic and thyme and baste the steak for 30 seconds or so (for medium rare).
- Remove the steak from the frying pan onto a plate and loosely cover with foil and allow to rest for around 3-4 minutes.
- In the meantime, scatter the rocket with the red onion, gently drizzle with dressing if using, and top with a few shavings of parmesan.
- Check the garlic bread and tomatoes are cooked.
- Slice the garlic bread and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Once the steak has rested, slice (or serve whole) alongside the garlic bread, tomatoes and green salad and a lovely glass of red wine, and steak sauce if using.