Crushed New Potato Salad with Herbs Recipe
This salad is still light and summery, despite its filling main ingredient – the staple new potato. Hint: dressing the potatoes while they’re warm helps them absorb the flavours.
Serves 4 Total Time 25 mins
Get the ingredients here
- 750g new potatoes
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- small bunch of spring onions, white and light green parts, finely sliced
- small bunch of flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped, stalks finely chopped
- small bunch of dill, leaves chopped, stalks finely chopped
- small bunch of chives, chopped
- Bring a large pan of well-salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes and boil for 12-15 minutes until tender throughout.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the mayonnaise, oil, mustard, lemon zest and juice. Season with the salt and a generous grind of pepper. Set aside.
- Drain the cooked potatoes, then return to the pan and crush gently with a masher while still warm, to break them open and create craggy edges. Stir in the mustard mayo, spring onions and herbs. Transfer to a platter and serve.
Three simple ways you can adapt this recipe:
Load up the veg
Add a smoky flavour
Hungry for more? Check out more delicious barbecue recipes here.