Crushed Garlic and Thyme Pan Potatoes
Crisp up and crush your potatoes in the pan – an easy alternative to roasties.
Serves 4 Total Time 35 mins.
- 750g baby potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 40g butter
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 large handful thyme sprigs, (from a living plant)
- Steam the potatoes whole for 15–18 mins, until tender.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the potatoes. Squash gently with a potato masher, don’t worry if they break into pieces.
- Cook for 3 mins over a fairly high heat, then turn and cook for another 3 mins.
- Add the butter, garlic and thyme and cook for another 1–2 mins, stirring to coat the potatoes in the butter and cook the garlic. The potatoes should be golden and crispy at the edges.