Crispy Chorizo Gnocchi with Salsa Verde Recipe
A minimal effort but hearty meal. Crispy chorizo and gnocchi pair beautifully with a zingy salsa verde. Full of great value Ocado ingredients, it’s a midweek winner. Find more delicious MOB Kitchen’s recipes produced exclusively for Ocado here in this recipe collection.
Serves 4 Total Time 30 mins
- 25g flat leaf parsley
- 25g basil
- 2 tbsp capers
- olive oil
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 225g chorizo ring
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 red peppers
- 450g gnocchi
- 20g parmesan, peeled into shavings
- Start by making the salsa verde. Roughly chop the parsley, basil and capers. Tip them into a pestle and mortar and add a drizzle of olive oil and 2 tbsp of the sherry vinegar. Bash into a thick sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel the chorizo ring and chop into small chunks. Then, slice the garlic and chunkily dice the peppers. Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chorizo and fry for a few mins until the meat has crisped up and released its fat into the pan.
- Turn up the heat. Add the red pepper chunks to the pan along with the gnocchi and fry for 10 minutes more until the peppers are soft and the gnocchi is crisping up. Tip the sliced garlic in and fry for 1 minute more.
- Season with salt and pepper and the final tbsp of sherry vinegar. Give it a final stir. Then spoon the gnocchi onto a plate and top with the salsa verde and some parmesan shavings. Enjoy.
Chef’s tip: You can mix up the salsa verde with whatever fresh soft herbs you have in the fridge. Mint, tarragon and coriander would also work really well.