Crab Tacos with Coriander, Spring Onions and Mango RECIPE
Crab comes into season in May, so it’s the perfect summer seafood. The white meat has a sweeter flavour than brown.
Serves 4 Total Time 15 mins, plus cooling time
- 100g white crab meat
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 soft tacos
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Sour cream, to serve (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the crab meat with half the chopped chilli and half the lime juice. Season and set aside.
- To make the mango salsa, combine the mango, tomatoes, spring onions and chopped coriander in a bowl. Stir in the lime zest and the remaining lime juice and chilli, then stir in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the tacos in the microwave for 1 minute or according to pack instructions.
- To serve, set out the warm tacos, crab mix and mango salsa on the table, along with the lettuce, wedges of lime, coriander leaves and some soured cream, if using. Let everyone assemble their own tacos to their liking.