Courgette Cake with Pine Nuts, Lemon & Sultanas
This moist gluten- and dairy-free cake needs its cooling time to set, so don’t skip this bit!
Serves 4 Total time 1 hr 10 mins
- 150g coconut oil
- 175g coconut sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 200g ground almonds
- 30g gluten-free plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 225g sultanas
- 300g courgettes, grated
- 70g pine nuts
- 1 lemon, zested
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Grease a 20cm springform tin (that’s also 5cm deep) with coconut oil, and line the base.
- Cream the coconut oil and coconut sugar together until fluffy (this should take 3 mins.) Then stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Fold in the ground almonds, flour and baking powder, followed by the sultanas, courgettes, 50g pine nuts and lemon zest.
- Spoon the batter into the tin, scatter over the remaining pine nuts and cook for 50 mins. When the time is up, use a skewer to check it’s cooked – it should come out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin. Serve with coconut yogurt and extra lemon zest.