Cod and Prawn Lasagne with Ricotta and Mozzarella
You won’t need to worry about hungry bellies with this pasta dish.
Serves 8 Total Time 1hr 5 mins
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 450g Fresh spinach
- 250g Ricotta
- Large pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Fresh oregano, chopped (or ½ tbsp dried)
- 690g Passata rustica
- 400g Cod fillet, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 350g Large prawns, halved
- 250g Lasagne sheets
- 200g Mozzarella
- 30g Parmesan, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas Mark 6. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and garlic, and cook for 10 minutes, until soft.
- Meanwhile, wash the spinach and wilt in a saucepan – press out excess water in a colander afterwards.
- Finely chop the spinach and place in a bowl with the ricotta and nutmeg, mix well and season to taste.
- Add the oregano to the softened onions, cooking briefly before pouring in the passata. Simmer for 10 minutes until thickened, season and mix in the fish and prawns.
- Place a layer of lasagne sheets in a large baking dish (about 34 x 24cm), and top with half the fish sauce.
- Cover with lasagne sheets, then all of the spinach mixture and another layer of lasagne.
- Top with the rest of the fish and a final layer of pasta. Tear and scatter the mozzarella over the top with the parmesan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is golden, and serve with a green side salad.
Cook’s tip: If you’re making this for a special occasion, try swapping some of the white fish for scallops.