Coconut wild rice pudding with mango and mint salsa
Choose a gluten-free, guilt-free dessert that also doubles as a satisfying breakfast. All you need to do is soak your rice overnight for an even creamier texture.
Serves 4-6 Total Time 1hr 20 mins
- 250g Biona Organic Wild Rice Mix
- 2 cans coconut milk (400ml each)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 4 ripe mangoes
- 250ml coconut milk yogurt, such as Coyo
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Handful mint, finely chopped (extra to serve)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Sprinkle Forest Feast dried sliced coconut
- Put the rice in a saucepan with 200ml water, the coconut milk, 2 tbsp of the coconut sugar and the vanilla pod split with a knife along the side.
- Bring to the boil then turn down to simmer for 1 hr.
- While the rice cooks, prepare the mango purée. Whizz the flesh of 2 of the mangoes in a blender until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
- Next, whisk the coconut milk yogurt, vanilla extract and remaining 1 tbsp coconut sugar together in a small bowl. Cover and place in the fridge too.
- To make the salsa, slice the last 2 mangoes into small chunks and mix with the mint and lime zest and juice.
- Once the rice is cooked you can serve the pudding warm or cold.
- If serving warm, allow to cool for 20 mins, and top with some of the purée, yogurt mixture and salsa. Finish with a few mint leaves and a sprinkling of dried coconut.
- If serving cold, let the rice cool and chill in the fridge then serve as above.