Roasted Carrots and Fennel with Coconut Rice and Harissa Dressing
Pop this dish into your weeknight dinner rotation for a quick and comforting meal.
Serves 4 Total Time 30 mins
- 500g baby carrots, peeled, cut in lengthways
- 350g fennel bulbs, trimmed, sliced lengthways
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 x 250g pouches of coconut rice
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- bunch of flat leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 50g coconut flakes, toasted
- 150g coconut yogurt
- 2 tsp smoky harissa paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- the zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas Mark 6. Place the carrots and fennel into a baking tray, drizzle with oil, then season and cook in the oven for 20 mins.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- When the carrots and fennel are cooked and slightly caramelised, set aside.
- Poach the eggs to your liking.
- Next, cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Pile the rice, carrots, fennel, spinach and parsley into bowls. Top each one with a poached egg.
- Finish with a drizzle of harissa dressing and a scattering of toasted coconut flakes.