Coconut Prawn Laksa
Add a bit of sugar and spice (and all things nice) to your evening with this fiery dish.
Serves 4 Total Time 30 mins
Get the ingredients here.
For the patties
• 200g folded Thai rice noodles
• 1 tbsp yellow Thai curry paste, or nyonya paste (this is hotter than yellow curry paste)
• 400ml full-fat coconut milk
• 600ml chicken or fish stock
• 2 tbsp fish sauce
• 1 tbsp coconut cream (optional, this makes the laska creamier)
• 1 tsp palm sugar or soft brown sugar
• 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
• 150g sugar snap peas, shredded
• 360g fresh king prawns
• 200g beansprouts
• 31g fresh coriander,roughly chopped
• 30g fresh mint leaves
• zest and juice of 2 limes
• 4 spring onions, finely chopped
• 80g natural roasted peanuts, finely chopped
1. Place the rice noodles in a large bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, add the curry paste and cook on a high heat for 30 secs. Add the coconut milk, stock, fish sauce, coconut cream and palm sugar, and bring to the boil.
3. Add the red pepper, sugar snap peas and prawns to the broth, simmer for 2 mins until the prawns are just cooked, then remove the pan from the heat.
4. Drain the noodles and divide among four bowls, along with a handful of bean sprouts.
5. Add the coriander and mint to the laksa broth, then spoon into each bowl.
6. Top with lime zest and juice, spring onions, peanuts and some extra herbs..