Clementine and Marmalade Brioche Swirl Pudding
For anyone (everyone) who loves brioche, this pudding is pure bliss.
Serves 4 Total Time 25 mins
- 100g soft dried apricots, chopped
- 75g mixed raisins
- Zest and juice of a clementine
- 12 St Pierre brioche swirls
- 50g butter, softened
- 150g Bonne Maman mandarin marmalade
- A handful of toasted, flaked almonds
- 100ml double cream
- 3 eggs
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 200ml whole milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- Put the fruit with the clementine zest and juice in a pan, bring to the boil. Then turn the heat off and set aside.
- Cut the brioche swirls in half, as if you were cutting a burger bun, then spread each slice with butter, then marmalade.
- In a jug, whisk the milk, cream, eggs, sugar and allspice.
- Layer the brioche in a square oven-proof dish (around 23cm) then scatter the fruit on top, pushing some between the layers.
- Pour the milk mixture over the brioche and bake for 15 mins. Once cooked, remove and dust with icing sugar and toasted almonds. Serve with cream or ice cream.