Chocolatey, Biscuity Brownie Bites
Tastemade are our official partners in yum. Each week we’ve been posting delicious, easy recipes for the everyday cook who loves to bring something new to the table. This weeks dish is in the form of rich chocolate, moreish biscuits and every bite better than the last. That’s what you’ll get when you pop this delicious batter into the oven, and wait for that almighty ‘ping’ that tells you it’s time to get your snack on.
Serves 15 Total Time 55 mins
- 9 M&S Extremely Chocolatey Biscuits
- 225g butter
- 150g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 450g caster sugar
- 5 medium eggs
- 120g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Grease and line a 20×30 cm baking tray.
- Start by making the brownie batter.
- In a large heatproof bowl, add the butter and broken chocolate pieces. Place this bowl over a pan of water – making sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl – and bring the water up to a gentle simmer. Stir the chocolate and butter until it has fully melted. Remove the bowl from the pan and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together using an electric hand whisk until it is pale and fluffy. Pour in the cooled chocolate mixture and fold through.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder onto the mixture and then fold through again, ensuring not to overmix the batter.
- Tip one half of the mixture into the base of the prepared baking tray and smooth it down using a palette knife. Add a layer of the M&S Extremely Chocolatey biscuits across the top. Pour the remaining half of the brownie batter onto the top and smooth this again. Place it into the oven to bake for 30 mins. The top should have formed a firm crust but should still feel soft when pressed.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the tin before slicing and serving.