Chilli Salmon Noodle Salad with Fresh Herbs and Lime
This refreshing salad is just what summer’s days were made for.
Serves 4 Total Time 30 mins
Get the ingredients here.
- 4 lightly smoked salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp olive or sesame oil
- 225g instant rice vermicelli noodles
- 60g mint, half the leaves chopped and half left whole
- 60g coriander, half the leaves chopped and half left whole on the stem
- 1/2 cucumber, halved lengthways, seeds removed and cut into thin slices
- 150g radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 carrots, cut into julienne strips
For the sweet chilli sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp palm sugar or soft brown sugar
- 6 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 30g fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 40ml water
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 red chillies, sliced
- 75g pistachio nuts, half roughly chopped and half blitzed to a fine crumb
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Place the salmon fillets onto a non-stick oven tray, brush with oil and cook for 18 mins. Remove and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, put the noodles into a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 mins.
3. Make the chilli sauce by combining all the ingredients in a bowl.
4. Drain the noodles and rinse under cold water, pour over half the sauce and add the chopped mint and coriander. Stir to coat, then divide into shallow bowls or plates and arrange with the rest of the herbs and vegetables.
5. Place a salmon fillet onto each serving of noodles and scatter over the toppings. Finish with a final drizzle of sauce and the lime wedges.
6. Serve with your choice of rice or poppadoms.