Chilli Bean King Prawn Noodles
In this recipe, chef and restaurateur Kwoklyn Wan proves that just a handful of ingredients can make a seriously tasty Chinese meal.
Serves 2 Total Time 15 mins
- 1 bunch spring onions, green ends sliced into 5cm lengths and white parts chopped into thin rings
- 2 nests of dried egg noodles
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 340g raw king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 50g bean sprouts
- 3 tbsp chilli bean sauce
- Soak the noodle nests in boiling water for 5 mins until soft, then drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok, add the spring onion greens and half the whites and fry for about 30 secs until fragrant.
- Add the prawns and fry until pink, then add the bean sprouts and continue to fry for a further 2 mins.
- Add the chilli bean sauce along with the drained noodles and stir to combine with the other ingredients. Continue to fry for a further 3 mins.
- Transfer to a warm serving plate and garnish with the remaining spring onion whites.
Chef’s tip: use the chilli bean sauce to taste, depending on how spicy you like things.
Looking for a wine to go with? Try this White Cabernet from Chateau Changyu.