Chicken Kebabs with Pomegranate Rice
Lightly charred and oh-so juicy, this Middle Eastern-inspired shish is delicious stuffed into still-warm pittas. #BigEatIn
Serves 4 Total time 30 mins
• 500g chicken breasts, cut into 2cm chunks
• Olive oil, to drizzle
• 4 pitta breads
• 115g baby leaf spinach
For the marinade
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 250g greek yogurt
• 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses, plus extra to drizzle
• 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
• Zest and juice of 1 lemon
For the rice
• 2 x 250g pouch cooked pilau rice
• 125g pomegranate seeds
• 100g dried apricots, chopped
• 250g radishes, shredded or finely sliced
• 60g flaked almonds
• Bunch fresh mint, leaves chopped
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat grill to high.
2. Place all the ingredients for the marinade into a bowl, stir and season to taste. Put 3 tbsp of the mixture into a separate bowl and set aside to use as a dressing later.
3. Add the chicken to the marinade and coat well. Thread the chicken onto 4 skewers, drizzle with a little olive oil and grill for 10 mins, turning
4. While the chicken is cooking, heat the rice as per packet instructions. Empty into a bowl and mix in the rest of the rice ingredients. Season to taste.
5. Warm the pitta breads under the grill or in a toaster, split them open and stuff with rice, chicken and spinach leaves – or serve up a bit of
everything on a platter.
6. Loosen the reserved dressing with a little oil and water, and drizzle over each pitta bread with a little extra pomegranate molasses.
Add all the ingredients you need for Chicken Kebabs with Pomegranate Rice here.