Sour Cherry, Sweet Ricotta and Honey Pancake Recipe
This recipe marries sweet honey and tart cherry to create true pancake perfection. Oh so good.
Serves 2 Total Time 10 mins
- 125g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 300ml whole milk
- butter, for frying
- 2 tbsp sour cherry conserve
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- 4 tbsp ricotta cheese
- handful flaked almonds, toasted
- drizzle of honey
- Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl, make a well and crack the egg in. Add half the milk and slowly stir into the flour.
- Beat to make smooth, and stir in the remaining milk. If you have time, let it stand for a few mins. Stir again before using.
- Heat a small frying pan until hot, then turn to medium. Melt a knob of butter and ladle in enough batter to coat the base of the pan thinly. Swirl to spread evenly.
- Cook for 2 mins, or until set and just crisping at the edges. Turn and cook the other side.
- Meanwhile, stir a drop of warm water into the sour cherry conserve to loosen and whip the icing sugar into the ricotta.
- Serve the pancakes, dust with icing sugar, if liked, and top with a spoonful of each topping, the almonds and a drizzle of honey.
To shop all things pancake day, visit our dedicated aisle on-site.