Chana masala with cucumber salad and naan RECIPE
Ready in just 35 minutes, this chana masala with cucumber salad and naan is perfect for a tasty weekday dinner. It’s full of Ocado Own Range ingredients so it’s great value too.
Serves 4 Total Time 35 mins
For the chana masala:
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3cm piece of ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 green chillies, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 x 400g tins organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 450g tomatoes on the vine, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 20g coriander, roughly chopped
For the cucumber salad:
- 1 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt flakes
- plain naan
- Blitz the onions, garlic, ginger and chillies in a food processor or with a stick blender.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. When hot, add the onion mixture and cook for 10 mins, stirring often to prevent it from catching.
- Add the spices and cook for 1 min, then add the chickpeas, tomatoes and 50ml water. Cook for 20 mins until the tomatoes have broken down and made a thick sauce. Stir occasionally.
- While the chana masala is cooking, mix together all the ingredients for the cucumber salad then put to one side. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas Mark 6, and when the chana masala has almost finished cooking, place the naan in the oven for 3-4 mins to heat through.
- Add the lemon juice and chopped coriander to the chana masala, season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve alongside the fresh cucumber salad and hot naan.