Cashew Butter Chickpea Curry
A vegan take on one of our best-loved takeaway curries, butter chicken. #BigEatIn
Serves 4 Total time 30 mins
• 2tbsp olive oil
• 250g shiitake mushrooms, cut in half
• 2 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 240g baby leaf spinach
• 2-4 tbsp Free & Easy Free From Mild Curry Paste, to taste
• 2 x 400ml tin coconut milk
• 4 whole fresh lime leaves
• 1 tbsp cashew nut butter
• Zest and juice of 2 limes
• Bunch coriander, roughly chopped
• Toasted coconut flakes (optional)
1. Add the olive oil, mushrooms, chickpeas, spinach and some seasoning to a large non-stick pan and fry on a medium-high heat for 5 mins, stirring
often. Then add the curry paste and stir well.
2. Add the coconut milk and lime leaves, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 10 mins.
3. Stir in the cashew butter; this will thicken the sauce.
4. Finish with the lime zest and juice, spoon into bowls, and scatter over the coriander and coconut flakes, if using. Serve with rice and poppadoms.
Fish or meat are great in this curry too if you’re not vegan. This is a mild curry, so if you like more heat try the madras curry paste.
Add all the ingredients you need for Cashew Butter Chickpea Curry here.