Butternut squash and aubergine tagine
This tasty tagine is made with prunes for an added touch of sweetness.
Serves 4 Total Time 30 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1 large aubergine, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp ras el hanout, heaped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3cm ginger, chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 500ml veg stock
- 385g cubed butternut squash
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 8 prunes, chopped
- 120g extra fine green beans, halved
- ¼ savoy cabbage, finely sliced
- Handful of mint
- Chopped preserved lemon
- 400g cooked brown rice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas Mark 5. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and celery until soft.
- Push to the side and add the extra 1 tbsp oil and cook the aubergine until golden.
- Add the ras el hanout, garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the squash, carrot and prunes and cook for 15 minutes. Add the beans and cabbage. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season, serve with brown rice and top with the mint and preserved lemon.