Broad bean, halloumi and mint frittata
This frittata is a picnic favourite. It travels well and is packed with summer flavours.
Makes 8 Takes 25 mins
• 250g block of halloumi cheese
• 300g podded broad beans, fresh or frozen
• 6 large eggs
• large handful mint, roughly chopped
• 1tbsp olive oil
- Slice half the halloumi and crumble the rest. Blanch the broad beans in a pan of boiling water for a few mins, until tender. Beat the eggs, season, then stir in the drained broad beans, mint and crumbled halloumi.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and cook for 4-5 mins, until the base of the frittata is cooked through.
- Arrange the halloumi slices on top. Heat the grill to high and place the frittata –still in the pan –under it, until the top is turning golden in patches.
Add all the ingredients you need for Broad bean, halloumi and mint frittata here.