Breaded Pan-Fried Chicken with Fresh Tomato Sauce RECIPE
This dish has the feel of an Italian classic, but makes the most of the simplest ingredients in your fridge. Feel free to serve with oven-roasted garlic potatoes or even some cooked spaghetti in tomato sauce.
Serves 4 Total Time 1 hr
- 800g Ocado cherry vine tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 cloves of Ocado garlic, peeled and crushed
- 8 tbsp Ocado extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Ocado chopped tomatoes
- 4 Ocado skinless chicken breasts, sliced through the middle to create a butterfly shape, then cut into two
- 2 Ocado eggs, beaten seasoned and put in a shallow bowl
- 300g fresh breadcrumbs, (we made ours by blitzing Ocado white baguettes) and put into another shallow bowl
- Ocado lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180oC /160ºFan/ Gas Mark 4. To make the sauce, bring the tomatoes garlic, olive oil and some seasoning to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Sieve the cooked sauce mashing as much as you can through before returning it to the pan. Add the vinegar and the chopped tomatoes. Boil for 5 minutes then set aside
- To coat the chicken, dip each piece into the eggs, then into the breadcrumbs coating each piece well.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and dry the chicken in batches over a medium heat, turning once so each side is golden brown.
- Once cooked, place on kitchen paper and keep warm in the oven until all chicken is ready. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and your choice of side (we served ours with oven roasted potatoes).
Cook’s Tip: It might seem a faff to sieve the sauce, but it’s a great way of getting kids to eat everything. By sieving out any ‘bits’ you get all the goodness of the tomatoes into them with no added fuss.