A vegan-friendly parmesan substitute you can throw over any dish for a hit of flavour and texture
Serves 4 Total Time 10 mins.
- 3 slices bread
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Zest of 1/2 lemon (optional)
- Tear bread into the bowl of a blender or mini chopper and whizz into crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the garlic followed by the bread, stirring until golden, about 5 mins.
- Pour crumbs into a bowl, stir in lemon zest and season. Serve over pasta, use to thicken sauces or stuff mushrooms, tomatoes and courgettes.
- Keeps well in the freezer.