Blueberry Muffin Cookies Recipe
These fruity muffins are mingled with white chocolate chip cookies for a soft and chewy bake. Enjoy with a glass of milk for a classic combination!
Serves 8 Total Time 20 mins
Get the ingredients here.
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 80g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g fresh or straight-from-frozen blueberries
- 100g white chocolate chunks
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Put the butter and milk in a small saucepan, then heat to melt the butter. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg, lemon zest and vanilla until light and fluffy. Whisk in the cooled milk mixture then add the flour mixture until just combined, being careful not to over-mix.
- Fold in the blueberries and white chocolate and chill for 30 mins. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4 and line two trays with baking paper.
- Divide the dough into 8 evenly sized balls, scooping 4 onto each tray. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and bake for 10 mins. Remove from the oven and cool on the tray for 10 mins before serving. These will keep in an airtight container for 2 days.