Black Rice and Miso Salmon Rice Bowl
If you’re after a familiar dish with a simple twist, this recipe swaps out white rice for black.
Serves 1 Total Time 35 mins
- 70g black rice
- 50g edamame beans
- ½ an avocado, sliced
- A few radishes, finely sliced
- 1 portion of salmon
- Wasabi, to serve (optional)
For the dressing
- Juice of ½ a lime
- ½ tsp ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp tamari
- ½ tsp mirin
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Rinse the rice well and tip it into a saucepan. Add double the volume of water, cover and simmer gently for 25–30 minutes, or until tender.
- Cook the edamame beans in a separate pan of boiling water for 3–4 minutes until just tender.
- Drain the rice and beans and run them under cold water to cool.
- Combine the dressing ingredients. Top the rice with the avocado, radish slices and salmon, and serve with the dressing and wasabi.