BEST EVER 5-INGREDIENT LEMON PASTA
Lemon and linguine? Who’d have thought! Well, Tastemade have and they’re showing you how it’s done.
Get the ingredients here.
- 2 small lemons
- 500g spaghetti or linguine, or any pasta you have
- 150ml double cream
- 75g butter
- 75g parmesan, finely grated
- Chopped chives or thyme leaves for garnish, optional
1. Preheat oven to 200°C
2. Wrap the lemons in tin foil and transfer to a baking tray. Put into the hot oven and cook for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, and when cool enough to handle remove the foil and set aside.
3. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil (your water should be as salty as the sea) and add the pasta. Cook according to the packet instructions, but reduce the recommended time by 2 minutes as you want the pasta to be al dente at this stage.
4. Meanwhile, add the cream to a large saucepan and whisking often, heat gently until it begins to bubble at the edges of the pan. Whilst whisking, add the butter bit by bit until you have a thick emulsified sauce.
5. Just before the pasta is al dente, scoop out a ladle full of the pasta water and add it to the cream sauce. Then, take the pasta from the cooking water and add it straight into the cream sauce using tongs – it’s OK to take some extra water with it.
6. Add the cheese bit by bit and toss everything together. Halve the lemons and add the roasted lemon juice to the pasta too, being careful not to add the pips too.
7. Toss everything together well – add more pasta water if needed. Cream sauces thicken very quickly as they cool so it’s better if the sauce is looser. Season with salt and pepper and serve up right away